What’s the point of School uniform?
- 30 September, 2016
- 0 Comments
Today there are many news discussions about kid’s getting into trouble about what they are wearing to school and protesting their suspensions because of what they are wearing.
Boys getting into trouble for wearing jeans that are hanging too low are that are too baggy. Girls getting in trouble for wearing clothes that are a little provocative or too fancy.
These discussions generate a great deal of comments, pro and con. But for the most part, the general consensus is that these kids do not seem to understand that there are rules and dress codes that they must follow.
“Uniforms show that you are part of an organisation. Wearing it says we’re all in this together,” Jason Wing, head teacher at the Neale-Wade academy in Cambridgeshire, says.
Reasons why wearing of school uniforms are important for students:
School uniformsare made compulsory for all students since it helps lessen social conflicts within the school.
- This is so as not all students can keep up with the latest trends in fashion. So, if you don’t belong in the group when it comes to fashion, you often become the subject of ridicule and mockery obviously because other students see you as an outcast who doesn’t fit in. If you are in this situation, it can badly affect your self-esteem and can give rise to many insecurities. But with school uniform, incidents like this can be prevented.
School uniforms promote students’ loyalty and reduces students tendency to be violent.
- Without school uniform, students may form gangs and identify their group with same color clothes. Gang members would then victimize wealthy students. This violence can be prevented if all students identify themselves as one by wearing the same school uniform. With school uniform, students will have a sense of oneness and it will likewise enhance school Wearing of school uniform is really important for it gives students the feeling that they all belong in one community.
School uniforms lessen students clothing expenses for their day to day use.
- It is also beneficial for parents for it enables them to save extra cash. Just one time spending for school uniforms and that’s it. Whereas, if parents have to spend for latest fashion clothes for their children’s day to day attire in school, it can cost them a lot of money.
School uniformpromotes effective learning for all students. Students’ concentration will be focused more on their education rather than their wardrobes.
- If students are allowed to wear civilian clothes, they will be more eager, concerned and excited on what clothes to wear to make them stand out at school. This will also distract their learning process for their minds will be occupied with the thought of whether their opposite sex will admire the way they dress up. Thus, school uniform is important for it creates an effective learning atmosphere.
- Wearing of school uniforms also prepare students for their future career. If they get employed in big companies, naturally they have to wear corporate and formal attires. With this, it will be easy for them to adjust since they are used to wear formal uniforms
School Uniform Conclusion
As you can see dear parents, having school uniforms can solve many problems for kids, teachers, the administrators and the schools. No competition for what to wear, no gang colors, no feeling bad if a child cannot afford the latest fashions. When a child is not worried about what they are wearing and competing with their friends, they can concentrate on school and lessons!
This post is also available in: Arabic